Our AP Chinese course focuses on improving your language ability in all aspects (speaking, listening, reading, and writing), as well as your familiarity with Chinese culture. Builds your skills & knowledge assessed by the redesigned AP Chinese Exam complements learning in school & increases confidence for success in the class. Instructed by seasoned International School teacher with 16 years’ and 12 years Mandarin immersion trip for first hand AP Chinese Preparation experience. Most of the Yuen Lao Shi’s students have achieved the top 5 AP Exam Score. Yuen Lao Shi will select appropriate AP Chinese-related materials based on your specific needs and level. She will work around your particular strengths and weaknesses to ensure that you will get the best AP Chinese test score possible.
What is AP Chinese Language and Culture Exam?
The AP Chinese Language and Culture Exam assesses interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication skills in Mandarin Chinese, along with knowledge of Chinese culture.
AP Chinese Language & Culture course is designed to provide students with various opportunities to further improve their proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills to be ready for the AP Chinese exam held every May. Students enrolled in this course will also have the maximum exposure to Chinese cultural elements that are integrated in the process of learning the language. This course includes a laboratory component designed to meet College Board standards and has been reviewed and approved by the College Board.
The primary goal of this course is to enable students to master conventions of communication through the exploration of topics reflecting multiple aspects of Chinese society and culture. The general flow of a unit comprises vocabulary, sentence patterns, text analysis, application of vocabulary and patterns, supplementary reading, and finally, writing assignments and tests. Students should be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop communicative competence in listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Understand the textbook lessons and supplementary materials and participate in discussions of the cultural aspects of the readings in Chinese.
- Use the knowledge gained through course materials to develop critical thinking and writing skills to compose essays in Chinese on given topics.
- Use the Chinese language to communicate effectively both in the school setting and in real-life situations.
- Use the Chinese language as they seek clarifications through the use of communication and language learning strategies that are running elements of the course.
- Carry on a conversation or a discussion with other students in class.
- More than 8 online mock Exam to advance students test & language skills & knowledge.
- Pair Class
- Online One-on-One Course
Contact Yuen Lao Shi at 9169 8916 ASAP to Schedule your Class!
Course Textbook and supplementary materials:
Tuition for Course:
- Online Mock Exam Registration Fee $320
- One-On-One Class: HKD $1,200/hour
- Pair Class: HKD 1,450 for 1.5hours class pre each student.
- Online Course: HKD $1,100/hour
Do you want to achieve an excellent result for your AP Exam?
Hurry Up! Contact to Yuan Lao ASAP to schedule your class now!