Before the Deadline 31 March HKD $ 43,980 (airfare included)
After the Deadline March HKD $ 46,980 (airfare included)
PREREQUISITE: Open to students entering grade(s): Grade 5 – 11
Day 1: We arrive in Beijing from Hong Kong in the afternoon. A quick orientation around the school campus then settle into dorms.
Day 2: Classes begin. In the morning we have rise & shine exercises, listening, speaking, reading & writing lessons. In the afternoon we have one-on-one conversation lessons, cultural classes, study hall. After classes we go out for afternoon excursions.
Day 3 – 7: Same daily schedule as Day 2.
Day 8: After a week of classes we spend the day at Happy Valley Theme Park.
Day 9 – 14: Same daily schedule as Day 2.
Day 15: After final Exam at the morning, we spend over half of the day at Beijing Ba Da Ling Safari Park. We will fly to Chengdu in the next day’s early morning and spend the next five days explore at old Chengdu City again.
Day 16 – 20: We travel to Qingcheng Taoist Mountain to visit Dujiangyan Irrigation System and Ancient town Huaniglouxi. Whole day of the Volunteer work at Panda Base then back to Chengdu to tour The Temple of Marquis Wu & Jinli Old Street.
Day 21: We fly from Chengdu back to Hong Kong International Airport.
The AP Chinese Language and Culture exam consists of two aspects: Chinese language and Chinese culture. This intensive language immersion trip aims to provide AP students opportunities to further develop their proficiency across the full range of Chinese language skills as well as experience first-hand the richness of Chinese culture. Yuen Laoshi and Calvin will assess each student’s Chinese language levels to customize their learning materials’ context, as well as activities that focus on their individual learning needs. Instructional materials and activities will be carefully selected and designed to support the students’ overall proficiency.
Beijing is known for its rich Chinese culture and inheritance, this is an excellent opportunity to enhance students’ understanding of Chinese culture while learning the language and engaging students in an exploration of both contemporary and historical Chinese culture.
Daily and weekend excursions will allow students to practice and enhance their Putonghua oral and listening skills with local people and learn to read signs/instructions in and around the city. Moreover, the AP students will be given an opportunity to take a leadership role to enhance not only their leadership knowledge and experience, but also to increase their interactions between the students from different age groups.
- Be familiar with the format of AP Chinese Language and Culture exam
- Adapt strategies for AP Chinese Language and Culture exam
- Become better prepared for the different question formats in the exam
- Support their practice in Pinyin system and typing in Chinese
- Demonstrate their understanding in writing and topics discussions
- Acquire better understanding of social patterns, traditions, art, medicine etc.
- Promote the appropriate use of Chinese language in cultural settings
- Increase their sense of responsibility
- One-on-one conversation practices as well as role-playing
- Observe & experience the rich culture by interacting with local people
- Practice Mandarin in various authentic settings
- Classroom instructions and discussions
- Read and write about authentic materials, such as public signs, posters, menus etc.
- Adapt multi-media lessons to enhance effective learning
- Assigning leadership roles for the AP students
- AP Chinese Language and Culture model practice tests
- Frequent formative assessment of students’ development in listening, reading, speaking and writing to improve their language proficiencies.
Up to 24 students for the trip.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 31 March 2017
- Form 1 – China 2017 Registration Form
- Form 2 – Language Pledge
- Form 3 – Behavioral Guidelines and Contract
- Form 4 – Health Form
- Form 5 – Students Chinese Level Information
Contact Yuen Lao Shi for registration:
- Tel: (852) 9169 8916
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org