RAMCC Beijing-Chengdu Panda Explore Immersion Trip 2020
22 days Itinerary & Curriculum
22 days / HKD$ 48,980 include airfare / 72 total class hours/ Up to 24 Students
Before the Deadline 31 March HKD$ 48,980 include airfare
After the Deadline March HKD$ 51,980 include airfare
Small group Class and Real-world practice crate the perfect Learning environment
PREREQUISITE: Open to students entering grade(s): Grade 5 – 11
We arrive in Beijing from Hong Kong in the afternoon. A quick orientation around the school campus then settle into dorms.
Classes begin. In the morning we have rise & shine exercises, listening, speaking, reading & writing lessons. In the afternoon we have one-on-one conversation lessons, cultural classes, study hall. After classes we go out for afternoon excursions.
Day 3 – 7:
Same daily schedule as Day 2.
After a week of classes we spend the day at Happy Valley Theme Park.
Day 9 – 14:
Same daily schedule as Day 2.
After final Exam at the morning, we spend over most of the day at Universal Studios Beijing Theme Park.
Day 17 – 21:
In the early morning of day 17th, We will travel by flight to the capital city of Sichuan Chengdu Province Chengdu. Arrive in Chengdu then spend the next five days to explore at Leshan Giant Buddha, Eastern Buddha Capital, watch the wonderful Emei Elephant show at the Mount Emei, Visit Baoguo Temple, Fuhu Temple. Fun at Huanglong Valley. Experience the farming, fertilizer, grind soy milk, making tofu, Making vegetarian dumplings and noodles, learn tie and clay sculpture. Enjoy the fun of the collecting tea at Qingcheng Mountain. Visit Dujiangyan Water Conservancy Project, Sichuan Cuisine Museum and learning to cook Sichuan cuisine. The famous Jinli ancient street and Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding etc.
In the afternoon, We will travel by Air China’s flight from Chengdu back to Hong Kong International Airport.
End of RAMCC Summer Immersion Trip 2020.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: FOR AP STUDENTS
The AP Chinese Language and Culture exam consists of two aspects: Chinese language and Chinese culture. This intensive language immersion trip aims to provide AP students opportunities to further develop their proficiency across the full range of Chinese language skills as well as experience first-hand the richness of Chinese culture. Yuen Laoshi and Calvin will assess each student’s Chinese language levels to customize their learning materials’ context, as well as activities that focus on their individual learning needs. Instructional materials and activities will be carefully selected and designed to support the students’ overall proficiency.
Beijing is known for its rich Chinese culture and inheritance, this is an excellent opportunity to enhance students’ understanding of Chinese culture while learning the language and engaging students in an exploration of both contemporary and historical Chinese culture.
Daily and weekend excursions will allow students to practice and enhance their Putonghua oral and listening skills with local people and learn to read signs/instructions in and around the city. Moreover, the AP students will be given an opportunity to take a leadership role to enhance not only their leadership knowledge and experience, but also to increase their interactions between the students from different age groups.
- Be familiar with the format of AP Chinese Language and Culture exam
- Adapt strategies for AP Chinese Language and Culture exam
- Become better prepared for the different question formats in the exam
- Support their practice in Pinyin system and typing in Chinese
- Demonstrate their understanding in writing and topics discussions
- Acquire better understanding of social patterns, traditions, art, medicine etc.
- Promote the appropriate use of Chinese language in cultural settings
- Increase their sense of responsibility
- One-on-one conversation practices as well as role-playing
- Observe & experience the rich culture by interacting with local people
- Practice Mandarin in various authentic settings
- Classroom instructions and discussions
- Read and write about authentic materials, such as public signs, posters, menus etc.
- Adapt multi-media lessons to enhance effective learning
- Assigning leadership roles for the AP students
- AP Chinese Language and Culture model practice tests
- Frequent formative assessment of students’ development in listening, reading, speaking and writing to improve their language proficiencies.
Up to 24 students for the trip.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 31 March 2020
- Form 1 – China 2020 Registration Form
- Form 2 – Language Pledge
- Form 3 – Behavioral Guidelines and Contract
- Form 4 – Health Form
- Form 5 – Students Chinese Level Information
Contact Yuen Lao Shi for registration:
- Tel: (852) 9169 8916
- Email: email@example.com