Days: Every Thursday
Class Time: 10-11:30pm
Duration: 15 hours/10 lessons
Length: 2 months
Starting: 3 September 2015
Date of Class:
September 3, 10, 17, 24
October 8, 15, 22, 29
November 6, 12
Ending: 13 November 2015
Class size: Max 6 people
Price of the Course: HKD6,000/person
A traditional folk-art in China, paper cuttings have special significance in festivals and important ceremonies. They were chiefly used for religious purposes or decoration, with animals, flowers and patterns representing happiness and prosperity as common designs. Especially popular in the countryside, the bright red or multi-colored paper cuts provide a strong foil to set off a wedding atmosphere.
This course was designed for who was interest to learn Chinese folk art. Whether you are interested in traditional Chinese culture, or would like a new source of inspiration for creative projects, this workshop is for you.
Students will also learn fundamental paper cutting techniques. Most paper cutting patterns are designed according to the four seasonal changes and their related images. Festival imaginaries may also be included in the design.
- Introduction to Chinese paper cutting.
- Introduce the developmental history, style and works of paper cutting, and the pictorial explanation of the various patterns
- Step by step achieve the basic techniques of cutting various classical patterns and figures.
- Will be encouraged to exercise their imaginations and create their own paper cutting designs.
- Guided paper-cutting practice.